Friday, August 28, 2009

Decay

Decay

Staring into the sun,

Burdened and taken,

I was thrown away,

I lost everything and I came to a fall,

Blown away and thrown aside:

-

We used to love/ We want to feel/ We need to find

So far away we scream/ We crawl and reach/ We used to see the sun

-

Tears running I feel,

Back against the wall I feel the steel,

Nail in my hand from a broken man,

I wonder if we ever can,

Break free and find the real:

-

We used to love/ We want to feel/ We need to find

So far away we scream/ We crawl and reach/ We used to see the sun

-

Said it out loud,

Looked at the distance in the glass,

I saw what I was as I loaded a bullet,

My former life passed as the trigger pulled,

Ashes blown away/ thrown

-

We need to love/ We need to feel/ We need to find

So far away we scream/ We crawl and reach/ We need to see the sun

-

Silent decay spins,

Following crows as they rise,

Never again will I stray,

Once again I will fall

--Nick Ahern 2005-2006

No comments: